Saturday, April 4, 2009

Blog Number 4 - The Finished Product.

So, the living room is finally done. I still have to make some slip covers for the couches, and I think I might get some pictures for the walls, but otherwise, everything is moved in and all set up. Todd did a good job at thinking about where everything should go. It's kind of funny, but the set up is similar to what it was in the living room, with more room obviously. But I guess if it works then why not continue to use the layout?

The best part about having the living room done? No more being stuck in the bedroom all the time. Not that I don't like being in the bedroom, but I like having separate living and sleeping areas. And I'm glad that we have the TV and Wii set up again. I know it's lame (because let's face it, I'm pretty lame) but I miss playing Wii and I have Wii Sims that I bought three weeks ago and I still haven't been able to play it.

Our next task is to clean all the junk out of the middle room and get that painted and set up to be our 'kitchen' area, and then to paint the bedroom.

Oh and I should add, that the black carpet that we got from Todd's parents looks really good in the room. I was a little worried that the black wouldn't look very good with the grey and green walls, but it actually does. I think that the slip covers that I plan on making are going to be black AND green instead of just green, especially if I can't find a green to match the wall.

Now when I get up before Todd, I don't have to worry about waking him up by turning the TV on. He deserves to be able to sleep in two out of the seven days of the week, and who am I to take that away? So right now, as I am in the (new!!) living room catching up on my PVR stuff (and there is a lot), Todd is still sleeping. If this were last Saturday, he would have been up by now because I woould have turned the TV on.

There is so much wall space (as you can see in the picture) that I think I need to add some pictures, but I don't want to cover my awesome stripe that took entirely too long to to tape and paint.

Anyway, the decisions to put pictures up will be made soon enough and I'm sure I'll post about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment